Support our Restoration Project
We have just completed a major restoration project in Gneeveguilla Church
Main Features of the Project
1. New Heating System: A new radiator system has replaced the previous gas heaters. The previous system gave rise to extreme condensation on the internal wall surfaces and was negatively impacting on the fabric of the building.
2. External Insulation: The walls were of mass concrete with no insulation . The back wall of the church (western wall) was quite damp/saturated due to the excessive moisture generated by the gas heating system in the church. This resulted in extensive damage to the joist ends supporting the gallery which are resting on the gable wall of the church.
The new insulation is working quite well and has greatly enhances heat retention in the building
3. New Support beam for the gallery: If work had not been carried out, the joists would continue to deteriorate over time; due to the excessive moisture content, and would ultimately have not been able to support the gallery .
4. Plasterwork: The interior side walls were re plastered and other areas repaired.
5. New roof: The roof required extensive renovation due to the poor condition of the slates. In general, displacement and some breakages of slating had occurred and the complete re slating of the roof structures was required
Work on Shrone Church
Shrone church was repainted in 2015 and we have recently re-carpeted the sanctuary.
Work on Knocknagree Church
Knocknagree Church was repainted in 2016
Work on Rathmore Church
Prior to restoration work on Rathmore Convent, light and heat for the Adoration Chapel came from the convent.
As part of the new arrangement the Adoration chapel has been integrated into the Church system and will shortly be repainted.
Repainting of Rathmore Church is scheduled for 2017
Make a Donation
Any individual or group who wish to make a donation to the fund can do so by contacting
The Parish Office,
by phone 064-7761669 (from outside Ireland 00353647761669)
Alternatively you can contribute directly to the Parish
Renovation Account in Rathmore Credit Union , through on-line banking
IBAN: IE41RDRN99106391009567 .